Sublime Forum

Package Control PyYapf not showing in install package list

Hello,

I am running sublime text 3.1.1 build 3176 on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and am trying to install PyYapf. I can see the file in the sublime installed packages directory and in the packages directory but it will not show up in the packages list under install packages and will not work returning an error. Screen shot of error included.

Thanks!

0 Likes

If you’re seeing the package in the installed Packages folder, you’ve already installed the package; Package Control doesn’t list packages that are already installed in the list of packages to install because they’re already installed.

I don’t know what yapf is, but some Sublime packages require you to install some third party tool in order to operate, and it looks like this package is one of them. Put another way, the package you installed provides the glue that lets you work with yapf in Sublime, but you still need to install yapf yourself.

You can probably find more information about that in the documentation or README of the package itself.

0 Likes

Thank you, I realize these are slightly silly questions, but I am just starting this stuff and appreciate your help.

0 Likes

Anyone else that wanders in here – @OdatNurd is exactly right. To use the PyYapf plugin you have to first install Yapf (pip install yapf). I ought to make the error message a little more friendly.

0 Likes