Sublime Forum

Package Control Outage

I have ping package control domain name, the resolve IP is 74.207.232.232, but I still can’t access the website. I seems that the IP is blocked by Chinese Great Firewall,

0 Likes

Was the old site accessible through the firewall?

0 Likes

Yes, the old is accessible.

0 Likes

Yes, the old site can be accessed directly, but now I have to use VPN.

0 Likes

I have the same problems.Have you solved it?

0 Likes

I’ve just completed migrating the Package Control site and channel back to the old IP address, so hopefully users in China will now be able to access it again.

0 Likes

It looks as though packagecontrol.io has failed in some way again. Is this the case? Tried to access from the UK and Argentina and no luck. The server with IP 50.116.34.243 is up, reverse resolves to linode2.wbond.net and has an open ssh port, but doesn’t respond on port 80 or 443.
I also had no idea packagecontrol was a personal project and agree that asking for donations is entirely reasonable. Even $1 a year might see it covered, but give the chance for a $5 or $10 payment for lifetime access.

1 Like

Yes, same issue with Packagecontrol.io from Germany as well.

And yes, of course a donation for the server that serves us so often and allows us fast and easy install is totally a reasonable thing to give (gonna take care of it).
It’s noble non the less, that Will puts the effort to keep as much stuff as possible accessible freely.

1 Like

The server is back online now, sorry for the inconvenience

2 Likes

Thanks for the effort and the speed in bringing it back!
(my little donation hopefully expressed this better :slight_smile: )

0 Likes

Definitely appreciated!

0 Likes