Sublime Forum

Output window

So, I accidentally closed the output window at the bottom of the screen, and I read about how to get it back and people say I have to go to key binding. Alright, cool. I tried and when I saw it in preferences, it was grayed out and I couldn’t select it, anyone know a fix?

0 Likes

You can view the build results through the menu: Tools > Build Results > Show Build Results or the default keybinding: shift+escape.

1 Like

“Show Build Results” is also grayed out

0 Likes

The options to open the build results menu (including the key binding) is disabled if there’s not any build results to display.

In particular, every window you create has it’s own build results output panel that’s distinct from all other windows, and the panel isn’t created until the first time a build is executed in that window.

That means that if you haven’t run a build in any particular window, you can’t open the panel because there are no results for you to display. Note also that build results aren’t persisted, so if you quit and restart Sublime, you need to execute a build again in the window in order to see the results panel.

3 Likes