Sublime Forum

Out of Synch Cursors After Duplicating Words/Lines

EDIT :: FIXED — This problem was fixed in DEV BUILD 3190!

I’ve noticed that after some recent update (ST 3189) Sublime Text has changed the way it handles duplicating selections (CtrlShiftD) in multicursor mode.

Whereas before all cursors will be equally positioned after the operation, now they are out of synch both column-wise and line-wise.

Basically, if I select multiple words or lines, and duplicate them, I can’t do further symmetrical operations on the duplicated text because of this out-of-synch behaviour which just recently creeped in — and which complicates and prevents many useful operations that could be done before.

For example, let’s say I’ve selected two separate words with two different cursors and then duplicate them, after the operation the cursor on the first word will now end up after it, while on the second word before it. When working with whole lines, one cursor will be above the line, the other below, and others will be displaced in a strange manner, making it impossible to edit the duplicated lines without solution of continuity.

Is that something others have noticed too? Is it a bug?

0 Likes

this seems similar:

0 Likes

Thanks @kingkeith, you’re always so helpful!

Glad to know that the problem was already addressed and a fix is on the way (this is one of ST functionalities I use most, so it’s very hard for me to stop using it in “auto-mode” and avoid crumbling up source code, it’s become second nature for me to use it without even looking at the screen, blindly trusting in ST).

0 Likes