Sublime Forum

(osx|windows|linux) Color Scheme Editor (BETA)

[quote=“rgidney”]After some more testing in Windows 7 and 10.9 I found if I open subclrschm inside of sublime I can not save changes (save grayed out), only save as but if I open it out side of sublime then save is available, after making a change.

I tried running subclrschm with sublime open and with it closed and the behavior was the same, it was only when it was called from sublime that save is inactive.[/quote]

This is not a bug. If you look in the settings file, “live_edit” is probably enabled. This is because, when you open subclrschm from the plugin, it sets sublime to use the theme you are editing. Every change you make gets saved automatically. Now, you might not see your theme file has any difference. That is because a safety feature: “direct_edit” = false. With “direct_edit” disabled, the plugin copies your selected theme to “User/ColorSchemeEditorTemp”, sets that as the current theme, and then opens it in subclrschm so when you make changes, you see the theme updating in sublime.

You can enable “direct_edit”, and then it will modify the original theme and not copy it. If you disable “live_edit”, it will not save after every change, and then enable the save option in subclrschm.

One thing that does not make sense is why I have “live_edit” enabled for “open theme with file picker” and “new theme”, since neither of these will be set in sublime. So I have changed this behavior and now ensure that “open theme with file picker” and “new theme” will override “live_edit” in the plugin regardless of the settings file value. This change has just been committed.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

0 Likes

That makes sense now. Thank you.

0 Likes

OSX and Windows has been updated to 0.0.9. Should solve current issues in regards to “save as” etc. and some minor ui updates. Ubuntu is lagging behind (having some issues with my VM) but I should have that one updated soon (by the end of the week).

0 Likes

I’ve been kind of away from Subleish stuff recently, so I haven’t kept up with this package. But if you need a real live linux tester, I have Ubuntu 12.04 on x32 and x64.

Let me know.

0 Likes

Getting error on startup “Color Scheme Editor: Problem comparing versions” in ST3, Win7, portable install.

Everything seems to be working regardless :smile:

0 Likes

@qgates Probably something went wrong on the upgrade. I assume the binary is there, and the version.json file is either missing or corrupted.

0 Likes