Sublime Forum

OSX High Sierra Update = Sublime Text 3 Now Not Working

Updated to High Sierra to fix another problem, but it has created a new one: Sublime Text 3 is not functioning at all, and I have no idea what to do with the long error list it provides upon loading ST or trying to save any file once open.

I tried reinstalling Sublime Text to no avail. How do I attempt to fix this?

0 Likes

Does the log file that it’s mentioning in the error message contain any clues as to why the SVN package is angry?

Based on the parts of the error messages visible in your screenshot, my first guess would be that the update to High Sierra either uninstalled the command line development tools or moved them to a different location or something like that.

As a first step I would try using svn from a terminal to interact with one of your repositories to ensure that it’s still there and working as expected. If it works from the console the problem may be that the SVN package can’t find it, or the problem might be that you need to install the command line tools again.

In any case, you can stop the errors from happening in the short term by adding the SVN package to the ignored_packges setting in your user preferences (you can do this automatically by selecting Package Control: Disable Package from the command palette while you’re figuring out what’s going on.

0 Likes

Thanks, OdatNurd. I was just about to update that I found a fix, and you’re on the right track.

So for anyone who might come across this thread with a similar problem: essentially the Xcode/command line tools were not installed in a way that the SVN package was expecting. Simply adding command line tools did the trick.

So if you update to High Sierra and have similar issues, this is the likely culprit.

1 Like