Sublime Forum

[OSX Bug] closing Key Bindings window in full-screen mode causes crash

This is just a bug report: When in full-screen or distraction-free mode, if I open the “Key Bindings” window via Preferences -> Key Bindings (which automatically puts that window in its own top-level “window tab”), and then close it again BY CLICKING ON THE WINDOW TAB ‘X’ (as opposed to using “cmd+w”, for example), ST3 crashes in various ways.

In fact, I’ve seen ST3 “crash” three different ways when these actions are performed (but always one of these 3):

– simply quits; ST3 is gone
– goes to black screen, from which it (seemingly) cannot be salvaged
– puts the main window on a weird black background; toggling in and out of fullscreen mode salvages the situation, and work can resume

TO REPRODUCE: There must be at one other thing open in fullscreen mode before the key bindings are opened, or, alternatively, one other thing opened after key bindings are opened, in the same fullscreen window.

Sierra 12.6.

0 Likes

I am facing a very similar issue

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Fullscreen (this issue seems to only occur while in fullscreen mode)
Open sublime settings or any other plugins’ settings
cmd+w (to exit, then you have an unresponsive black screen, which if manage to get rid of, it causes the main Sublime Text menu to be unresponsive

I have tried a recommended solution to disable the GPU acceleration:
“gpu_window_buffer”: false,

However, that unfortunately did not fix the issue

0 Likes

Which version of Sublime Text are you using, I can’t reproduce it with 3208 on 10.14.1.

0 Likes