Sublime Forum

Opening folders in new tab (instead of new window)

Is it possible to set SublimeText 2 on Mac to never open a new window and to always open folders in new tabs?

Currently, I open new folders using cmnd+O. If I open two different folders one after another -

1. When sublime is in full-screen, it opens both folders as separate tabs but the same window.
  2. When sublime is not in full-screen, it open the folders in separate windows.

Is there a way to make open both folders as separate tabs but the same window all the time?

Thanks
Rohun

0 Likes

ST cannot open folders in tabs. I think you’re referring to adding a folder to the project. To do that, you should use the Project > Add Folder to Project… menu item, or wherever that is located on macOS. You add a key binding for the corresponding prompt_add_folder command.

Also, not exactly what you wanted, but when I supply multiple folders on the same subl command line, ST opens them in the same new window but if does not have the capability to add them to an already existing window from the command line, without a custom command.

0 Likes

On mac it does so by default. But cant make it on windows yet

0 Likes

MacOS has a feature for GUI applications whereby multiple windows are coalesced into a single window where the top level tabs represent the individual windows.

That is, unfortunately, a feature of MacOS and not a feature of Sublime, so this only works on MacOS.

0 Likes