Sublime Forum

Opening files from a network location locks active window's text to mouse

To reproduce:

File > Open
Enter a URL of a SharePoint site and authenticate (if necessary). After opening the file (in this case a JS file from the SharePoint Style Library), the mouse moves the entire code area around - it’s locked to it and there’s no way to detach it from it without closing and restarting the application. Restarting the application brings all expected functionality back.

I experience the following behaviour:

• Only happens for network-locations that have an HTML-based interface (like SharePoint 2013)
  • The mouse cannot select any text (since the window code area is scrolling with the mouse)
  • When the mouse hits a boundary, the text area honours the bound and stops scrolling, but once you scroll in a legal direction it scrolls again - which is expected
  • Opening a file from a disk location (rather than a network location) does not reset the functionality
  • Closing and restarting the application fixes the issue
  • It only happens for the actively selected window (in a diff view, or multiple-file view, it only does this with the actively selected
  • The mouse scroll-wheel still works (scrolls the text) but once you move the mouse, text moves with the cursor again
  • Switching to a different tab (different file) or creating a new file, transfer the problem to that code window

I’ve only experienced this with SharePoint windows - it authenticates through what I assume is WebDav with Windows Credentials (popup). This creates an HTML-looking interface in the file selection menu, and whether you cancel or open the file, the interface is completely messed up at this point.

If I connect to SharePoint using Windows Explorer and double-click the file there to open in Sublime, it works fine - it’s only when the web-based interface opens in the File > Open popup window that the interface starts behaving incorrectly.

This is an obscure error, but a use case that Sublime is perfect for, so I’m sure I’m not the only one experiencing this problem.

Thank you for your time,

Stephan

0 Likes

Which build of ST are you using, and which (I guess Windows) OS version?

0 Likes

Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 1703
OS Build 15063.726

Sublime Text Version 3.0
Build 3143

0 Likes

I wonder if there are any free public SharePoint sites to test on

0 Likes

I experienced this issue with an on-premise version of SharePoint 2013 Enterprise with Microsoft TMG for authentication screen.

I’ve done a myriad of tests this morning on to see if I get the same user interface, but all these environments open the normal file view rather than the rendered web UI in the File > Open dialogue.

• Office 365 (modern UI)
  • Office 365 (SharePoint 2013 classic UI)
  • SharePoint 2013 On-premise

This might be something specific to their systems - I’ll keep testing it, but since I’m unable to reproduce it on any of my other systems at this time, it may be isolated to this one system. I have workarounds for this for now (connect to the SharePoint site via Windows Explorer and open it from there rather than go through Sublime’s File > Open dialogue.

I’ll keep an eye out for a public test space and let you know if I find anything. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick response!

Stephan

0 Likes

I’m hitting the same issues but with files from the network shares - The file is hosted on a Windows 10 Enterprise but the connection is slow and over a VPN.

I’m on Windows 10 Enterprise with Sublime:

Sublime Text Version 3.0
Build 3143

0 Likes