Sublime Forum

Open up ST4 to edit 1 file should open just 1 column

When I need to edit 1 file I want to be able to open ST4 just with that file in 1 column. I don’t want the editor open up with 2 columns. It doesn’t make sense for quick editing a file. I tried the following combination, but it doesn’t work:

“hot_exit”:false,
“remember_open_files”: false,
“remember_workspace”:false,

ST4 always seems to remember the last amount of columns that were open. I know I can press alt+shift+1 to get it in 1 pane, but I don’t want to change layouts every time I just want to edit a file.

0 Likes

Start sublime text with single layout

Sublime Text won’t create 2 groups unless you explicitly do so or a plugin is doing so for you. The same is true for tab-multiselect. Does it happen in safe mode?

1 Like

@bschaaf running in safe mode doesn’t behave like that, while opening up ST4 without any file or dir does. I gues I’ll need to enable the plugins one-by-one to verify which one is causing the issue

0 Likes

@bschaaf Just tested with a clean sublime install (no packages, no license, no settings). When you open ST4, press alt+shift+2 and exit, the next time you open up ST4 the dual pane is there.

0 Likes

That is the expected behavior as far as I can tell. ST maintains that information in the session file (including certain information on the files in the open groups) so that the next time you open it, they are restored and you don’t have to set up the same thing again. It’s not new in ST4 (except perhaps certain new information like tab multiselect). ST3 also does the same thing.

1 Like