Sublime Forum

Open next find result in transient view

When navigating search results of Find in Files, selecting a specific result opens a new view. Navigating through several of these results (For example, by hitting F4) cause the creation of many more views, each for every result.

I would love the option to open a search result in a transient view, thus navigation to the next result will cause the current view to be replaced with a view to the new result. Just like it happens when clicking on files in the sidebar.

Is there any way to achieve this? Either by setting or by writing a plugin?

1 Like

Bump.
Any idea how to implement such behavior via plugin?

I guess all I need to do is to listen for the next result command, and set the new view to be transient. But if I would like to override next_result behavior only for search results of specific view, rather then all time. How can I achieve this?

I mean, my plugin shows results using the default “find results” syntax. I would like to override next_result behavior only when the results are given by my plugin.

0 Likes

store a setting on the view of find results when your plugin creates it, and query that setting when deciding whether to override the next_result behavior?

1 Like