Sublime Forum

Open <link> is great; how about copy link?

It’s great that one can right click on a link and one of the context menu items is Open <the link> – I use it all the time.

But what I’d also use all the time is Copy <the link>. Does this exist yet and if not, could it please?

It looks like this was asked back in 2016 and at that time, the (lack of an) answer was “nope”.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Fwiw, I just add that functionality to OpenUri v7.1.0 if you don’t mind a 3rd-party solution.

4 Likes

If your cursor is anywhere on the line with the URL, the right-click context menu’s regular old “copy” command copies the URL. At least it’s working that way for me in Windows 11.

0 Likes

That should only work if the line is the URL since it’s “copy line” not “copy URL”.

0 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Pardon my confusion.

0 Likes

Thanks for the tip on this addon! Super nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wanted to “Copy URL” from Sublime Merge today because of Firefox integration issues. I don’t think having a dedicated plugin is an adequate solution here. Such menu item should be bundled in, out-of-the-box.

0 Likes

I ended up writing a macro that does basically expand-scope (most of my URLs are either delimited by blanks or inside Markdown brackets) and then copy. But that OpenUri plugin is way cool – it even puts an “Open in new window” arrow next to them. Woohoo!

0 Likes