Sublime Forum

Open in Editor on Windows?

Hi,

I’m trying to use the “Open in Editor” feature on Windows 10, latest sublime merge and sublime text. It doesn’t seem to be doing anything when I select the context menu, whether I use the default setting for editor_path or if I set it to my computers location for subime text (the standard “C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe”). Anyone know of how I can debug this or something I might have missed?

Thanks,
Rich

0 Likes

Preferences >> Edit Settings
"editor_path": "C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Text 3\\sublime_text.exe",

0 Likes

If ST and SM are installed right next to each other in the same directory, they should find each other automatically.

Example:

C:\Apps\Sublime Text 3
C:\Apps\Sublime Merge\

0 Likes

@deathaxe

1. no, that is not the case
  2. even when I specify the path to my SublimeText manually like suggested above the “open in editor” context menu item does nothing.

this bug is still live and quite annoying!

0 Likes

@bypr3 Would you mind sharing the whole content in Preferences >> Edit Settings?

I try to bind SM to a 3rd-party editor (not ST) and it works. (SM build 2000 though)

0 Likes

@jfcherng

{
“editor_path”: “C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe”
}

that’s all, but as I said it also doesn’t work if I leave that field empty, and my “Sublime Merge” is in “C:\program files”, just as my “Sublime Text 3” is.

My OS is:
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903
Build 18362.418

using “C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe” does also not work.

0 Likes

what if you add

// for general editors
"editor_argument_format": "${file}",

if you want to use ST

"editor_argument_format": "${file}:${line}:${col}",
0 Likes

@jfcherng
that doesn’t help either. I mean if the parameters are wrong then at least the program should open, right?

But I noticed something, when I select Preferences > Edit Settings, then the selected Editor is used, be is ST or Notepad++

0 Likes

Although I cannot find a fix in the patch notes it works for me in the current dev build (2009)

So I guess this can be considered done.

0 Likes