Sublime Forum

'Open in Browser' Keeps Trying to Open Parallels :(

The first thing I noticed was that it was opening Parallels > Firefox for whatever reason.

My license to Parallels expired, so I removed the app thinking that would fix the problem since my default browser on Mac is Chrome.

Nope, I get an error now every time that says:

“Parallels Desktop was not found.
Firefox requires Parallels Desktop to operate. Please install Parallels Desktop and try again.”

After about a minute, Safari will open the file (even though it’s not my default browser). What a cluster.

Bummed because the most used feature in the “text editor I fell in love with” doesn’t work right anymore.

Help please!

0 Likes

Not too familiar with Macs but if you create an index.html file somewhere and launch it what happens? If that launches parallels, just reset the file association in OSx. AFAIK Open in browser just uses the default OS association for htm/html files.

If you can’t move forward that way, try installing package ‘view in browser’ which overrides ‘open in browser’ and adds a keyboard shortcut too. You can configure which browser is used in the package’s settings.

Good luck :slight_smile:

0 Likes

what ST build are you using? try using 3141 - my understanding is that some MacOS update broke the Python webbrowser module, and a fix was backported to ST’s Python version in build 3133

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I did change my associations to assure Chrome was my default browser for .html files and Sublime still insists on opening up Parallels > Firefox (which no longer exists).

0 Likes

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I’m using build 3126 which was the latest version on their website.

I think you meant 3114 build? I would try it, but I cannot see it available for download on their website.

0 Likes

it’s a “Dev” build, which you need to be a registered user to play with it
https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev

0 Likes

Thanks so much Keith!

1 Like