Sublime Forum

Onwards to 3.1

+1 for GTK3

Every day I have to edit settings to change dpi_scale: 1.0 and 2.0 back and forth, because my work setup has mixed 4K and 1080P monitors, and home setup is 4K only. I may go blind doing this :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Two suggestions from a licensed user:

1. Support Chinese input method on Linux.
  2. Better HiDPI display of texts for GUI (e.g., menus).
0 Likes

bash > 3/ zsh etc. support on Mac would be great

sublime currently does not respect the ENV :sweat:

1 Like

zsh is supported on macOS, but not for the exec command build system. This is on purpose and won’t change. When people write build systems, then need to know what syntax to use for the shell command. If every user ran a build system using their own preferred shell, things would break in weird ways.

Since build 3127 we execute the user’s default login shell to grab all of their ENV vars. If you aren’t getting your zsh ENV vars, perhaps you don’t have zsh set as your default shell. These env vars should trickle down into the bash subprocess launched by the exec command, so it should do what you want.

0 Likes

actually I do not want to bash you in any way and I’d be more than happy to get it working the way it is so I’ll elaborate:

I am actually using bash 4.4 installed via homebrew as my default shell in terminal and Alacritty where it works just fine
Running chsh thus gives me "Shell: /usr/bin/local/bash"

nevertheless all sublime default build systems pollute the output massively by using bash3 and thus not reading my bash_profile correctly

I tried the dev version before it was released and it did not solve the issue, that is probably why it still is an issue

I do not think using bash4 on Mac is absurd/ esoteric because the bash3 will not get updated due to licensing things I think, of course not every small shell project can be supported

as I understand, the /usr/bin/bash is hardcoded into some config, so an option to set this path would probably solve this issue

thanks for your response and work

0 Likes

So this forum isn’t really a bug tracker. In a day or two, or maybe a week, this topic will drop off the front page and only be seen if someone revives the thread.

If you’d like to see an enhancement made, the best place to log that is at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues.

0 Likes

sure enough Core/issues/1734

0 Likes

And an issue for GTK 3: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1977

0 Likes

Are there any news about porting to GTK3? ST is my last app, which uses outdated and deprecated toolkit.

0 Likes

Woo hoo!

Many thanks to the team!

0 Likes