Sublime Forum

Official Support for Language Servers?

It would be nice to have official support for Language Servers in SublimeText, e.g. to use OCaml/Merlin for advanced type information and improved syntax highlighting. The current OCaml package seems to have problems with some syntax features.

Regards

3 Likes

it seems like there is only one known/logged issue with OCaml syntax highlighting in ST:

as far as I recall, the ST devs mentioned they are reluctant to support syntax highlighting through other means due to inconsistent and poorer performance and setup complication, so it may be best to log issues for problems you find so that somebody can fix them

0 Likes

I opened an issue on Github (#1756) but in general I would still propose for official LSP support.

1 Like

i think this would be a really great idea, and would make ST more competitive, at least for languages like c++

0 Likes

LSP doesn’t support semantic highlighting yet (I think its planned for v4?). As far as I am aware the few language plugins for vscode that actually do have semantic highlighting implement it themselves. A plugin api for updating the syntax highlighting of a view would allow this.

Check out https://github.com/tomv564/LSP it supports most (If not all?) of the current language server protocol features

0 Likes