Sublime Forum

Not receiving upgrade serial for ST4

I’ve bought an ST4 upgrade license 3 days ago.
Haven’t received anything in the mail (I do get the registration mail for this forum, so mail works fine).
Have requested my serials in the recover serials page https://www.sublimehq.com/store/retrieve_key). No dice.
Asked on Twitter two times to help @sublimeHQ. No response.
Is anyone working on this project and dispensing keys or should I get my money back, because this is stupid.

1 Like

You should contact them through sales@sublimetext.com. I don’t know if they’ll respond over the weekend, but that is usually the channel you should go down if you are having license issues.

2 Likes

Already did that as well, 2 days ago. Sorry, even forgot to mention that.
They or he must be busy but come on already

0 Likes

They could be fielding a lot of concerns via email right now due to the ST4 release. Hopefully, they’ll see this and maybe expedite things. I know they are a small team, and I’m not sure about their process for handling support requests, so I can’t comment further.

2 Likes

Honestly idk. In my experience I received my keys quickly in the mail. I suggest to be patient. SublimeHQ is literally 6 people. They aren’t a big company with lots of employees like Google, Microsoft or Jetbrains.

0 Likes

I understand that. But then they should put that kind of info in on the screen after you bought a license (could be a few days to a week).
Now it just says something like ‘will be emailed to you shortly’
That’s not helpfull and makes not responding to email or twitter suspicious I think.
You’re not a big company, so you have to be helpfull to you audience cause it’s all word of mouth.

1 Like

Did you get a response?

0 Likes

After a few more days I did from get my serial from sales email. So all is good.

0 Likes

I guess I will have to be patient.

0 Likes

It’s not the best buying experience but you’ll get the serial in the end. (Within a week for me).

0 Likes

I paid by credit card with the Swipe link. It was successfully charged, and it returned to Sublime saying my key had been sent. Its not like the software stops working, so its not problem there, but some of us do need receipts for our purchases as soon as we can send them in. I guess I’ll eventually get the key email attached invoice, but its misleading to say its already been sent on the result page. Plus, ya know, this time wasted googling and checking forums wondering what’s up.

1 Like

Keys should be delivered within minutes of your purchase (depending on the speed of your email). If you don’t receive it in an hour or so, you should contact sales@sublimetext.com.

0 Likes

Sorry, but no, that’s just going to cause more confusion. Perhaps it worked that way in the past. But, currently you need to wait a few days. I finally got my key, I think it was 48 hours. It was definitely not sent at the time of purchase. If someone is in the office at the time of transaction, it may seem that way. If you’re on the other side of earth, you will just need to patient. To be clear, I have no issue with the delay, other than the expectation it was sent already.

0 Likes

Emails are sent immediately upon purchasing automagically. I believe we’ve recently had some downtime or other issue with the purchasing system so that may explain the delay.

0 Likes