Sublime Forum

Not loading correctly when config is on a network drive

I use Windows 7 at work where our home directory and app data is stored on a network share (so %APPDATA% resolves to \<username>\application_data).

ST2 (I’ve tried both 2181 and currently 2200) often doesn’t load correctly. Either the theme doesn’t look right or packages don’t get loaded. In the console the “loaded x snippets” can vary from anywhere between 400 to 900 and occasionally the theme file doesn’t get found. I’m assuming this is something to do with the files being on a network drive as I don’t have the same issues at home.

Is there anything that can be done to make this more reliable? Happy to provide further details/diagnostics if needed.

0 Likes

In general, this configuration works fine. You may want to give the portable version a go, so you can store the app data locally.

0 Likes

Looking at it more, some files are getting skipped during load because the inode has been seen before, except in these cases the files are wrong:

scan: //<server>/<username>application_data/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Markdown has been seen before, skipping (using inode) previous path: //<server>/<username>/application_data/Sublime Text 2/Packages/DocBlockr inode: 18446735965056266256

On the latest load there were 14 skipped. This number and the files themselves vary.

I’ve set “ignore_inodes” to true in build 2200 but presumably that setting isn’t read until after some other package files?

0 Likes