Sublime Forum

Node.js wont work due to malfunction in file path

Hello,

I’m pretty new here and I want to reach out to anyone who can help me with my issue. So I’m starting to learn Javascript and wanted to try on Sublime to see if it works. I installed node.js but I don’t know if it works in my Sublime. Anyways, thank you a bunch if anyone sees my concern.:blush:

0 Likes

What are you trying to do?

0 Likes

HI,
Im trying to run my code on javascript but they suggested me installing node.js to run it down the console. But I started having issues when I installed it and they keep giving the issue of Node binary could not be found in PATH

Consider using the node_command setting for the Node plugin

I tried plating around and searching for solutions, but it never helped me so for

0 Likes

I will assume you’re using Windows. To get whatever package you’re using to function, you need to add the node.exe executable to your %PATH%.

Find the node.exe executable first. Write down where it’s located. Then edit your environment variables. Modify your %PATH% by adding the directory that contains the node.exe executable.

0 Likes

I’m using Mac Version 11.2.1

0 Likes

Then depending on what shell you’re using, you need to modify your login script to add node to your $PATH.

0 Likes

Sorry, I’m having difficulty understanding. So I need to add node.exe executable for my $PATH?

0 Likes