Sublime Forum

No SCSS syntax highlighting (solved)

I feel this must be my own stupidity. I see lots of very old topics about this, but nothing recent.

When I open an .scss file, it uses the “Plain Text” syntax highlighter. There is a SASS syntax highlighter, but that is for .sass files, not .scss, meaning all semicolons become red. Some old posts reference a SCSS highlighter as a subitem of the SASS highlighter, but that is not available on my system. I can use CSS3 syntax highlighting, but that means all SCSS variables are red.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the SASS package, but nothing changed.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the SCSS highlighter just not there?

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Sass

Sass and SCSS syntax for Sublime Text

• CSS3: No obvious reason to use that since the builtin CSS syntax is well maintained.
1 Like

In case you have A File Icon installed, restart ST, for A File Icon to remove its dummy syntax used to provide custom icons.

0 Likes

Could this be the root of my problem? I don’t have a builtin CSS syntax highlighter. After removing the CSS3 package, my CSS syntax is just white (Plain Text highlighter).

I am running Sublime Text build 4169.

That is the exact package I am trying to use. I am getting no highlighting for .scss files, only .sass.

0 Likes

Thanks, I don’t have “A File Icon” installed.

0 Likes

Even after restarting ST and reopen the file?

Do you have an idea which version of that plugin you installed? Can be seen in Package Control: List Packages.

0 Likes

Yes, and even after rebooting the computer.

It says “goto v4.0.0”. I guess that means I have v4.0.0? Or does that mean I have to click there to get v4.0.0?

0 Likes

Everything looks good to me. Too many mysteries here.

As for CSS, maybe it’s somehow in the ignored packages.

0 Likes

Your remark gave me the idea to look under “Disable packages”, which also lists all built-in packages. And no CSS there for me:

0 Likes

And there was the solution! I checked under “Enable packages”, there was CSS listed. Enabling that, restored both CSS and SCSS highlighting!

Thanks!!

0 Likes