Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2204

Nightly Build 2204 is out now, with a collection of miscellaneous improvements before 2.0 goes out the door. There are a few things that could do with some testing if you’ve got the time:

• Auto complete window placement on multi-monitor linux systems. I haven’t had much luck getting a multi-monitor linux box setup, so this is untested as of yet. Specifically, when showing the auto complete popup, it should no longer appear off screen: if there’s not enough space below the caret to fit the popup, it’ll now be shown above the caret instead. I’d like to verify that this logic is working on both monitors of a multi-monitor linux box.

• Code folding gutter arrows (but not anything else related to code folding). There were some issues with the placement of these buttons in previous builds when used in conjunction with ad-hoc fold regions, as created via the Edit/Code Folding/Fold command. This should be resolved now, please let me know if it isn’t.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 2 release question

Before release I was curious if you were going to address the issues of when a tab is pulled off a window onto a new monitor, the window is sometimes rendered off screen? This is on Windows that I have seen this issue. This is a very annoying usability issue for Windows users.

0 Likes

The only way I’ve seen to replicate that is by dragging the tab to the very top of the screen, and releasing the mouse button there. That would create the titlebar off screen, however this no longer happens as of 2199 (or 2204 for multi monitor systems).

0 Likes

The code folding is crashing for me.

To reproduce save this as a new plugin, it’ll fold up the code. The crash happens when I move the cursor over the gutter when at the end of the file.

0 Likes

Thanks for the repro - fixed now in 2205

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

The only way I’ve seen to replicate that is by dragging the tab to the very top of the screen, and releasing the mouse button there. That would create the titlebar off screen, however this no longer happens as of 2199 (or 2204 for multi monitor systems).[/quote]

I use the nightly ones and I have this issue all the time. I just drop and release somewhere in the middle. It doesn’t happen all the time, but frequent enough to cause a lot of frustration.

0 Likes

Do you have multiple monitors?

0 Likes

Indeed it is, thanks! :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Do you have multiple monitors?[/quote]

Yes. And this issue occurs when dragging tab to a different monitor.

0 Likes

Another regression in 2205:

1. Open up the python console.
  2. Drag the view/console separator up to half the height of the Sublime Text 2 window.
  3. Set the cursor on the last visible line in the view, not necessarily the last line in the buffer, just the last visible line so that the autocompletion box will extend out over the python console.
  4. Hit ctrl+space. The autocompletion window closes immediately.
0 Likes

Install and relaunch still not working on mac after update (2205). And old versions are in the Trash, undeletable.

0 Likes

Thanks for the word wrap home and end button enhancement. :smiley:

But how above the full disk empty out file bug (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7645&start=0) ?

And why don’t add an alert popup to confirm before reloading an external edited file?

0 Likes

One more thing:

Can the auto-completion list show the words that are within the current file first then the snippet later? That is, the current file’s words have the most top priority. It seems more convenient.

0 Likes

Just found a odd behaviour,
when the current line contains only a tab char, after pressed enter key to make a new line, pressing up key to go back to the previous line (which originally contains a tab char), the tab char will be gone.
This is an very odd and annoying behaviour.

0 Likes

quarnster: thanks for the report, will fix for the next build.

facelessuser: I’ve still not been able to repro this. I’ll put in a change for the next build that may have some effect, but it is unlikely to change anything.

handycam: I’m aware of the issue, but don’t know what’s causing it, and I’m not planning to investigate any further before 2.0.

singw: The trim_automatic_white_space setting controls this.

0 Likes

2206 is out now, with a fix for the auto complete issue.

Python initialisation has also changed, to try and better insulate the application from any env vars meant for the system version of Python.

0 Likes

Could make the “Goto”->“Jump to Matching Bracket” function also work on the bracket pair inside string (ideally, in all situation) ?

0 Likes

singw: feature requests are better placed on UserEcho or in the appropriate forum

0 Likes

I’m wondering if the key shortcuts that are currently overlapping with Mission Control on OSX Lion will be changed from their current default ?

These are some examples of keys not working out of the box:

{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+up"], "command": "select_lines", "args": {"forward": false} },
{ "keys": "ctrl+shift+down"], "command": "select_lines", "args": {"forward": true} },

{ "keys": "ctrl+left"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "subwords", "forward": false} },
{ "keys": "ctrl+right"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "subword_ends", "forward": true} },

If not, at least the documentation should be updated to let people know that they are not working in Lion (I know that I’ve spent some time looking for this).

Just remember an issue that it’s still here: column selection will not automatically scroll the view when it reaches top or bottom (like the regular selection).

Thanks.

0 Likes

Moving by subwords on OS X is also possible via ctrl+alt+left/right, which isn’t a default mission control key binding.

select_lines suffers from a few issues, and I’d like to revisit it, but it can wait until after 2.0

0 Likes