Sublime Forum

? next to line numbers

I am developing some javascript code. At times in my document file the curly brackets appear in the left margin to the left side of the line numbers to show me where a section of code begins and where it terminates. That works fine and is very helpful in visual debugging.

But then there are instances where a white question mark appears in the left margin to the left side of the line numbers. Is that an indication of an improper opening or closing of a section of code?

If so, its behavior is very in consistent (I believe). There are times when I insert a valid line of code and the white question mark disappears. Then there are other instances where I enter a completely valid line of code and the white question mark reappears for no logical reason.

Any ideas? Is this just a bug in ST3?

Thanks.

0 Likes

This is because you are using the BracketHighlighter plugin.

BracketHighlighter shows a question mark for unmatched brackets. This can result if 1) the bracket cannot be matched or 2) if the brackets are too far away (a threshold for searching is implemented to keep the plugin from slowing down typing during automatic matching since matching is run on every cursor change or edit event).

If the question mark bothers you, you can disable it in your bh_core.sublime-settings file: github.com/facelessuser/Bracket … ettings#L7

0 Likes

ok, thank you for explaining

0 Likes

You can also increase the “search_threshold” from the default 5000 to something highter. I use 20000 which allowed BH to highlight the tags of some large HTML files properly. I haven’t noticed a performance hit, but YMMV.

0 Likes