Sublime Forum

Newbie to api

Hey there wondering where to Post re newbie help with simple plugin… And the API docs seem light on information… Is there a best practice learning path… Docs seem barebone. Thanks!

0 Likes

This section of the forum or the #package-development channel on the Unofficial Discord are good places to ask questions about plugin development. You can jump in with example code you might need help with, ask questions about how you might go about a particular thing, or just any questions in general.

I don’t think there’s an official best practices learning path, but my general recommendation would be to skim through the API documentation to get a broad sense of what you can do (no need to memorize it or anything like that) and look at the example plugins that it mentions to see how things are put together. You can use the internal View Package File command to take a peek at any of the plugins that the API mentions.

1 Like

Ok thanks so much…
Good link to get started.

Would be nice to purchase a comprehensive book on the subject! I have Sublime Text for power users - looks like there is a missing manual for the next level up from there.
Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes