Sublime Forum

New User

HTML coding is literally a new world to me. I found Sublime Text in my search to Ebook the novels I’ve written. I downloaded it a few months ago and have had some relatively successful experiences with it. Although nothing I have is currently “on-line,” I have opened three novels in both the Apple and Kindle readers.

I’m starting to feel guilty for using Sublime Text without paying for it, and so I am here because of my conscience… I am willing to cough up the cash for the license, but since I am so new to this, I am fearful that when I become “legitimate,” everything I’ve done so far will be lost to the depths of my computer, the ether of the World Wide Web, or to the newest version of Sublime Text.

This coding thing is not easy for me. There have been times I’ve stared into the abyss of the LCD display for long periods wondering what incredibly stupid thing I’d done to make a change - a change I never expected to make. I wont’ tell you how many times I’ve cursed directly into the keyboard, my nose resting on the space bar… I thought about taking a Valium before registering and posting here.

I watched the accompanying videos on the Sublime Text website hoping they would convince me I had nothing to worry about… I don’t guess it’s much of a surprise they didn’t help, and I fully understand they were not created for novices like me. So here I am with a guilty conscience and a credit card, hoping I’m not in for a bout of staring into the LCD or worse, cursing into the keyboard.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

With My Best Rgds To All…Ski

p.s. You who do this codeing thing for a living have the power to destroy the entire world with a simple key stroke… don’t you…

0 Likes

Someone else can correct me if I’m wrong, but purchasing a license and activating it would not cause Sublime Text to be reinstalled or settings to be modified as far as I know. You don’t have to download a “full” version of the software if that’s what you’re thinking, you get that for free already. This removes the Unregistered flag is all I believe.

And supports development of course :wink:

0 Likes