Sublime Forum

New upgrade creates a new instance after each build

A new upgrade creates a new instance after each build (LaTeX). Not sure how to fix it. Thanks.

0 Likes

A similar problem happened with build 4109. Here is the link to the post at the time :https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/4109-always-opens-a-new-windows-after-build/59133.

At the end of the road, the solution is to add this to your settings :

‘‘keep_focus’’: false

It worked for me, hopefully, it will for you.

0 Likes

Thank you for getting back. I am using LaTeXTools. It does not seem to allow to add “keep_focus” to its settings (unless I am missing something).

0 Likes

Strange, it should work, I also use LateXTools. Maybe you went to the settings of LateXTools. Here, we need to go to the settings, and preferences, of Sublime Text itself.

I am sorry if what you did is the following. I just want to make sure.

• Go to Preferences.
  • Click Settings.
  • It should open two documents side by side, both named Preferences.sublime-settings. One you cannot edit (it is full of things). One is editable.
  • If you already added preferences, just add the line I posted.
  • If you never added preferences before, you should only see two brackets (or nothing). Write the line I posted between the two brackets if they are here. Otherwise, if there is nothing, write

{
“keep_focus”: false,
}

If this does not work, I won’t be able to help you more, sorry ><.

0 Likes

Yes, indeed it works! Thank you! The problem was with the curly, word type brackets . Once I changed them to " ", it worked.

0 Likes

Aaaah. Sorry. Glad it works.
I am unable to change the quotes to make them copy-paste friendly…

0 Likes