Sublime Forum

New theme forked from Soda (light/dark & alternate colors)

Hi!

I recently created a theme for our favorite : Sublime Text 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Based on latest release of Soda Theme, with retina res., it offers a Light/Dark theme, each provides some alternate colors via a custom setting on user prefs.

The theme is available on the Package Control under the name “Theme - Phoenix”, more details (especially for custom settings) and a lot of screenshots on github:

https://github.com/netatoo/phoenix-theme

Take a look and tell me what you think! thanks!

Simon

0 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks. I really like this.

0 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of colour options!

0 Likes

Looks very professional; great job!
Edit: I just noticed that you posted the Lite version of the theme. What color scheme are you using in those screenshots?

0 Likes

Thank you so much for this theme. Particularly all the settings. I am loving the auto tab width, small tabs and tab/file highlighting.

0 Likes

Fantastic theme and I love all of the options, they give me an excuse to play with stuff when I’m stuck

One recommendation would be to make the “green” color of the dark theme a little more green on the text and open folders (closer to what the buttons are like on the find panel). It looks very close to the yellow theme.

0 Likes

Very nice additions. I really like the options with the tab colouring…

It would be cool to have the option in the dark theme to choose between blended tab background or solid tab background (i.e. solid blue tab background). It would also be nice to be able to associate a colour to the background tabs with unsaved changes (like the Nil theme).

0 Likes

hi folks!

Thanks, the color scheme used in Light Theme screenshots is “Clouds” from https://github.com/filmgirl/TextMate-Themes/

Yes thank you for your feedback! For the color of the label text, I need to find a balance to maintain good readability.
Especially that color can display differently depending on screen.

EDIT : I just committed a change to the Dark Theme Green, it’s better now? (screenshots are not updated for now)

This is a very good idea, I look at it soon.
When you say solid tabs, you mean like the Light Theme Blue?

0 Likes

Clouds and Clouds Midnight are great color schemes. I used them with TM and now use them in ST. Here’s a link to the developer’s site.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link, i’ll add it on readme soon.

0 Likes

Very, very nice! Is there classic tabs options as with Soda? I like the tab color options in Phoenix, but the classic tab shape is easier for me to visibly navigate.

0 Likes

Theme updated with new options (solid tab on dark theme) and new screenshots!

It’s planned but not for now. Square tabs are more easily maintained in several colors :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“simon.netatoo”]

This is a very good idea, I look at it soon.
When you say solid tabs, you mean like the Light Theme Blue?[/quote]

Exactly.

0 Likes

@jbjornson i have added a phoenix_solid_current_tab setting for solid background on Dark Theme, what do you think?

0 Likes

This is awesome ! Thanks a lot !

What about an option to disable bold text in current tab ?

0 Likes

[quote]Yes thank you for your feedback! For the color of the label text, I need to find a balance to maintain good readability.
Especially that color can display differently depending on screen.

EDIT : I just committed a change to the Dark Theme Green, it’s better now? (screenshots are not updated for now)[/quote]

It’s MUCH MUCH MUCH better! Thank you!

0 Likes

Wow, it looks great. Thanks!

0 Likes

I put these in bold text label to gain clarity, but if you want to change this, please refer to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/wiki/Theme-customisation :

{
        "class": "tab_label",
        "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "selected"]}],
        "font.bold": false
    },
    {
        "class": "sidebar_label",
        "parents": {"class": "tree_row", "attributes": "selected"]}],
        "font.bold": false
    }
]
0 Likes

I would like to propose a .sublime-settings file in the theme to provide a commented configuration file containing all the custom settings, is this possible and if so how?

0 Likes

I’ve added a couple of custom setting for this :

{
    "phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar": true,
    "phoenix_dirty_bottom_bar_red": true
}

This allows you to choose your favorite color for inactive dirty tab, example :

https://a248.e.akamai.net/camo.github.com/358cce906d6f564220e303e5b894b8251a4c0ba7/687474703a2f2f6e657461746f6f2e6e65742f70686f656e69782f50686f656e69782d44697274792d53746174652e706e673f763d32

However, this applies only to the inactive tabs, not the selected tab.

0 Likes