Sublime Forum

New stable release

Hello,

when will there be a release of Sublime Merge on the stable channel? The last one was end of September (6 months!).

I know of the dev channel, but I prefer to use the stable channel because it’s well, stable.

0 Likes

I guess a classical: when it’s done. Sublime devs are working hard on SM and ST and try to provide the best result possible on stable channel.

Nevertheless: dev builds are very stable in general, I never had problems with those.

(And believe me, the current dev version is veeeery cool).

2 Likes

I find the dev builds download page perplexing: it seems to be saying that the latest version is build 3210. I’ve had this build for months… Isn’t there a newer one?

0 Likes

You’re looking at the Sublime Text dev builds. While ST4 is in development there aren’t any ST3 dev builds planned.

0 Likes

@steveooo9 You don’t know what you are missing not being on the SM dev channel now. SM dev is quite stable. The one I have experienced some instability is ST4.

0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Where do I find the dev channel for ST4?
I am a paying customer.…

0 Likes

0 Likes

Omg, thanks for the heads up! The dev build of SM is a lot different, even just visually, compared to the changes I’m used to in ST3.

0 Likes