Sublime Forum

New Name for HideSideBarWhenNotFocussed - Your Suggestions

I just became the co-maintainer of the neat little plugin HideSideBarWhenNotFocussed.
Which is simply the best plugin there is, if you want Sublime’s SideBar to be visible only when you need it.

While the current name is descriptive it is a far too long and tongue twister
Both the author @akrabat and myself agreeing on the necessity of new short and sexy name.

So far I have not come up with any name that I am really satisfied with:
Like those below:

• HideSideBarOnBlur
  • CloakSideBar
  • SideBarCloak
  • SideBarHider
  • SideBarToggler
  • CollapsibleSideBar

In this, regard, we welcome any suggestions on your part, before deciding on a new name.
(Note: “Auto Hide Sidebar” and “Sidebar​Hover​Toggle” are already taken.)

0 Likes

• HideSideBarOnBlur
  • CloakSideBar
  • SideBarCloak
  • SideBarHider
  • SideBarToggler
  • CollapsibleSideBar

Something with “autohide”?

• AutohideSideBar

Command would be: toggle_autohide_side_bar.

“SideBar” i.e. side_bar, oppose to “Sidebar” because that’s the way ST core does it e.g. the core toggle side bar command is toggle_side_bar.

1 Like

Stealth Sidebar
Sneaky Sidebar
Popout Panel
Sidebar Slide

I guess I’m on an alliteration kick :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gerry Thanks! Yet, Indeed “Auto Hide Sidebar” is what I would like most. Yet. It has already been taken by another plugin.

@Remi “Sneaky Sidebar”. ROFL! You made my day. That’s funny. :smile:
“Slide” is a good verb here. Indeed the hide/show animation is a sliding one. Maybe just “SlideBar” or “AutoSlideBar”?

Simply “HideBar” as another word play, which conveys the function of the plugin.

1 Like

What about “ZenBar” in the style of the popular “ZenTabs” plugin, which removes Tabs.
Not that descriptive though. But I guess attaching Zen to any name makes it twice as cool.
(Same as ‘i’. But not naming it iBar here, as I do want to get in trouble with the big guys from Cupertino.)

Or ExcaliBar. The side bar that gets pulled from … well …

Or EscoBar. Smuggling your file views in.

Or MagicSideBar, maybe?

Or SmartSideBar even?

What do you think guys?

1 Like

SideBarSlider

0 Likes