Sublime Forum

New file opens new tab instead of filename input box

Hi

I use ST3 on two of my Macs. Lately one of them changed behaviour when creating a new file from the sidebar to just open a new tab meaning I have to Cmd-S to actually save the file and give it a filename. The other copy of ST3 I have still opens the filename input box at the bottom. How can I get this behaviour back? I tried nuking all of ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3 to no avail.

0 Likes

New file opens a new tab, SidebarEnhancement not working?

Hello, I have the same problem, but i’m using Ubuntu as my OS, if you solve the problem please write it

0 Likes

Did you find a solution?

I faced the same problem, from the very beginning of installing Sublime Text. I only found out about the input panel for ‘New File’-creation through video tutorials.

However, I do see the panel when creating a new folder or renaming a file/folder …

0 Likes

Had the same problem. I couldn’t find a solution natively in Sublime, but I installed a package through package control called SideBarEnhancements, which worked well.

0 Likes

Or you could try FileManager. For this case especially, it’s much better (you have an auto-completion system, you can created nested files)

0 Likes