Sublime Forum

New cursors being created when not asked for

I have a document I converted from word to html - however the people who write these converters discard at least 50% of the formatting that existed in the original document so I have to go through and massage all 60 pages of the resultant html.

I see a < p > … that needs to be centered so i edit it to become < p text-align = “center” > and then mark from the space after the p all the way to the > and hit ^c. I now have two cursors. I hit escape to get rid of the second cursor that should never have materialized, move to the next < p > that needs to be centered and hit ^v and again I now have two cursors. Every time i copy/paste a new cursor appears.

0 Likes

I think it’s because you hold control. If you ctrl+click, it adds a cursor instead of moving the current one. If it’s not the case, can you show use a .gif?

0 Likes

no, things were just being very very squirly, i had marked some text and was no longer clicking anything, i just hit ^c/^v and each control keypress created a new cursor (i dont know if they would have doubled up every time because i just hit escape back to one chyar each time)
^c escape
^v escape
^c escape
^v escape

0 Likes

Do you have any packages installed?

I’ve never experienced what you are describing.

0 Likes