Sublime Forum

New color scheme switcher doesn't work properly (ST3, build 3143)

This new feature - live color scheme switcher - is just annoying. It works absolutely unpredictable. Sometimes it switches color scheme, next time it doesn’t or simply reverts to previous scheme ignoring your new selection again and again.
If editor has two columns and many tabs are open in each column, then some tabs switch over to new selected scheme, some tabs doesn’t change.

The feature for sure needs to be fixed. Impossible to use.

ST3, build 3143 on Windows 10

0 Likes

Color Highlighter v8.0 alpha

How many color schemes are installed?

Use it for a while now and can’t confirm your description.

I am running on Win 10 ST 3144 and just opened 2 columns with about 20 files per group. Nothing - works like a charm.

You could alternatively give Theme Menu Switcher a try. It also provides two commands to change color scheme and themes.

0 Likes

A lot. More than 15 I think. How can I see the number of schemes? Wouldn’t like to count them one by one.

Found. 68 files in a folder Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\Color Highlighter\themes.

0 Likes

The screenshot clearly reveals your issue :smile:

It’s SublimeLinter which is joking you.

SublimeLinter creates a patched version of each color scheme you have installed (see the ones with (SL) ).

It comes with an EventListener which changes the color scheme each time it detects a change of the “color_scheme” setting. This can quickly lead to confusion and drive the color scheme selector crazy.

I already asked @wbond to implement some kind of filter and made a suggestion to fix it here: https://github.com/deathaxe/sublime-ui

In that case you might need to use the Theme Menu Switcher. It hides all the (SL) color schemes and handles some issues related to SublimeLinter.

2 Likes

Thank you for enlightening. I have always been wondering what that SL meant.

I’ve installed Theme Menu Switcher but I do not have color schemes options as docs say. Themes options only. Is it correct behavior? See screenshot below.

Also don’t you know by chance what does that “Color Scheme Forget For View” mean?

0 Likes

Color scheme selection option has gone from menu
  1. I don’t see a menu item “Color Scheme Forget For View” in my setup and it is definitely not part of Theme Menu Switcher. I didn’t find it in the Default.sublime-package as well. As it is possible to apply different color schemes for different views and override the global settings, this might be a function to revert such a local change.
  2. Theme Menu Switcher was originally designed to provide a list for themes in the main menu as there was none by default. Therefore the color scheme menu entry is missing.
  3. BUT: You can use the command panel and search for Select Theme and Select Color Scheme (without the UI: prefix). They both provide the same panel as the core but with the mentioned advantages.
0 Likes

No, it is not It’s SublimeLinter. I have disabled all packages that have a -lint- part in their names. But I still have the issue and a lot of packages with (SL) in their names. It is really annoying.

0 Likes

Disabling a package doesn’t remove all their dodgy modified color schemes…

0 Likes

That’s Sublime Linter issue. Plugin should do the cleaning after itself. Related:

0 Likes

Yes, you have to remove User/SublimeLinter folder manually.

0 Likes

UPD: I’ve solved it.
I had many tabs opened. Some tabs had normal color scheme, some had (SL) color scheme. And since no more SublimeLinter, those tabs couldn’t find their (SL) schemes. I’ve closed all the tabs and opened them again. And they took normal color schemes. Works well so far.

How can I get rid of this alert?
I have removed SublimeLinter package and its folders and all themes with (SL) in their names manually. But I still get this alert pop up, when I start ST or when I select a color scheme. There is no such a file in that folder.

1 Like

Yes, that is annoying, you also need to change color_scheme manually to correct one.

1 Like

This is a special situation. Both ST’s Color Scheme Switcher and Themes Menu Switcher respect view specific color schemes. If they detect a view specific color scheme it will temporarily be overwritten for the preview function while navigating through the quick panel, but will be reverted to the view specific setting finally. This is not bug - it’s designed behavior.

Both tools might still lack the ability to set/reset view specific color schemes as well.

0 Likes