Sublime Forum

Needed Features

Hi,

I found this gem after a Sublime Text update.

Feature:
In “Git Extensions” you can select lines in commits and with a right click “Revert selected lines”.

Feature:
In “Git Extensions” you can “Increase number of lines visible”, “Decrease number of lines visible” and “Show entire file”.

Feature:
In “Git Extensions” I can select “File History” and click on an old commit I can switch to “View” and can have a look to the entire old code.

Feature:
In GitKraken you can view the modified files in “Tree View”.

0 Likes

In SM you can also drag the the border of a hunk and thus show more lines in diff view.

In general Feature Request are better placed on the github tracker (one request per issue): https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues/

1 Like

pretty sure all these features already exist in Sublime Merge…

0 Likes

No, not all.

Reverting single lines does not work as reverting single files doesn’t. Cherry picking single lines or files does not work as well. See:

In “Git Extensions” I can select “File History” and click on an old commit I can switch to “View” and can have a look to the entire old code.

This is basically possible in SM via “File History”, “Blame” and the “Contents” part of the Sidebar, but the handling and the way the GUI changes during navigation is a bit weird at the moment. So you easily loose track of where you are.

But I need to note: I like the latest change which moves the TreeView into the sidebar and I understand how tricky it is to find a good solution to create a consistent user experience while navigating through the history and the tree.

2 Likes

Alternatively, you can double click the border and it’ll show 10 more lines.

3 Likes