Sublime Forum

Need some help!

If I move Sublime to a backup Drive will my Sublime license go with it? Is there a special way to do it? Or do I have to call somebody? I may need to restart my computer. Really worried…

0 Likes

Sublime stores it’s license information in the Local directory of it’s configuration area. If you use Preferences > Browse Packages from the menu and go up one folder, you’ll see a Local folder; the license information is in there.

The information in the license file is specifically tied to the computer on which it’s on in order to stop any accidental license leaks, so if you move the information to a new machine, Sublime will reject the license and go back into Unregistered mode.

If that happens, you just need to go to Help > Enter License and enter your license information again and you’ll be back in business; no need to call anyone.

If you’ve misplaced your license key, this page will help you get it back: https://www.sublimehq.com/store/retrieve_key

0 Likes

Damn that was fast! And thank goodness. Phew!! Your awesome and i hope you have a wonderful day/night

0 Likes

Didnt know i was going to be charged to have something i already bought though do you know a way to undo this?

0 Likes

you are not being charged. Your license key can be resend to you for free anytime to the email
account which was once used when doing the purchase. It is the same email address on which you originally received your first license key.

0 Likes