Sublime Forum

Need restart Sublime Text

Hi, Guys, I dragged the Sublime icon to Desktop to simplify access. When I double clicked on the Icon, I got this message:

"Plugin host exited unexpectedly. Plugin functionality won’t be available until Sublime Text has been restarted.

I use Python3, Sublime Test 3 on Windows 10

Anyone there kind enough to help a newbie? Please?

0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I am a complete stranger to Python. Do you mean re install SublimeText3, and without altering any file(s)??

Another thing, the ST3 window dows not show the function ribbon, so I cannot access any (if that is where I can access) plugins. May I know in which folder the ST3 file I moved it from originated? Maybe the problem can be solved by moving back the file?

0 Likes

Are you saying you moved the sublime_text.exe out of the installed folder and onto your desktop?

If so, move it back to the installation folder, which is C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3

In the future, if you would like to create an easy to access shortcut, the easiest thing to do is start up the application in question, and then in the Windows taskbar, right click the icon and select “Pin to taskbar”. You can also open the Start menu, start typing “sublime” and when Sublime Text shows up, right click it and select “Pin to Start”. If you really want a shortcut on your desktop, navigate to the installation directory I listed above, right click the sublime_text.exe and select Create Shortcut. You’ll get a message that says a shortcut cannot be created in that directory and asks if you’d like to put the shortcut on your desktop. Select Yes and now you should have a shortcut on your desktop.

0 Likes