Sublime Forum

Need Help! Sublime not connecting with host

Hi,
After much investigation, with screenshots, screencasts and command line tests we discovered that I am able to connect to the server, but after completing the fields in the SFTP/FTP config file as instructed by my host, and then selecting FILE => SFTP/FTP => Browse Server all I get is: Add New Server
Set up a new SFTP or FTP server to browse
… WHAT? no meaningful prompt or error message?. After I ran the command in Terminal as requested by the host they replied with this:

Thank you for the test. It shows that you are able to connect to the server on port 22.
Unfortunately, we cannot tell from our end why the application is not able to perform as expected on your Mac and at your location.

If anyone can help me fix this, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes

Hi Guys,
Success! I was able to connect and edit a file live on the server.
The reason Sublime wouldn’t bring up the list of files on the server is that for some reason, it wasn’t saving the config file into the required folder (sftp_servers)

I dragged this config file from the desktop to the ‘sftp_servers’ folder, then selected FILE > SFTP/FTP > Browse Server and voila, the list of remote files came up with an option to edit.

0 Likes