Sublime Forum

My ST3 keeps crushing

I am a happy user of Sublime Text 3 paid version. Recently I am facing some difficulties. My Sublime Text 3 crashes after several minutes of writing. I am using Windows 10 home edition, latest version of ST3, and plugins: A File Icon, Anaconda, AutoFileName, BracketHighlighter, Emmet, IPython Notebook, KiteSublime, PackageControl, Predawn, PyV8, RainbowBrackets, SideBarEnhacement, SideBarTools, zzz A File Icon zzz.

Could you help me. It is impossible to work when every 4-5 minutes when writing some code ST3 is going into: “NOT RESPONDING” and it is impossible to return to work. I need to kill process in Task Manager.

Please treat me as a undereducated user. I start my journey with programming in Python. I see myself as genuine beginner.

Short captured video as my ST3 stops working

Any idea what I should do?

Michal

0 Likes

There are two typical source of crash: a plugin, or some specific file in you project which prevent sublime indexing to work.
So try to disable all your plugins, and if it does not crash anymore add them back one by one until you found the culprit: Emmet (at least the old one) is a good candidate.
Also open the console (view->show console) to see if you have any error message and check the indexing status (help menu)

0 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try to find the culprit.

0 Likes