Sublime Forum

My files are deleted when i click right and on options delete files

Hi there,

I have click ccidently on my files right click and files are gone. I have cheaked on my server trash and files could not find it only shows my filder name. Is there any idea to recover it. I have to recover my files beacuse i have done so many work on that folder.

Can you please help me out.

Thank You!!

0 Likes

If you deleted them with Sublime Text’s context menu, then you should be able to find them in your trash.

0 Likes

It sounds like maybe the OP was editing files on a network share. Would Sublime move a file to the local Trash/Recycle-Bin in that case?

0 Likes

Good point, I must have missed that. That will depend on the os and how the network share is implemented. The code to send items to trash is included in the default package as a python plugin, for reference.

0 Likes

If you cannot find the deleted files on the local recycle bin, maybe using a third party is an easy and quick way. Last month, I used a third party named Bitwar Data Recovery to restored my work documents with the original filename and structure.
Maybe you can also try it, or search online and choose other tools to get back your lost files.

0 Likes

There is also Recuva for Windows.

0 Likes