Sublime Forum

Multiple cursor bug?

I have been editing long documents with sublime (non-coding) and noticed anomalous behaviour when using C-d and A-f3. I noticed that on rare occasions, which I have not been able to predict, sublime incorrectly selects text. When, say, I want to select the word “house” throughout the document, Sublime will select words rather than the word I have selected. Has anyone noticed this as well? Is something in my document confusing sublime?

0 Likes

Do you have examples of what gets selected that’s not what you expect?

0 Likes

Unfortunately not. But tomorrow I intend to work through another such long document and will take a screenshot if it happens again.

0 Likes

Presuming you are saying “Alt + F3”. The behavior of both “C-d” and “A-f3” depends on your current selection. If your current selection is empty, they both select the word (checking word boundary) under the cursor. If your current selection is NOT empty, they both just select what’s selected without checking word boundary.

0 Likes

Yes, I meant A-f3. I usually select first before invoking C-d or Al-f3 to make sure the selections are correct.

0 Likes

I have not been able to replicate this error. If and when I can, I will revert to this thread. Thanks so much.

0 Likes