Sublime Forum

Multi row tabs

How can I have multiple rows of tabs? Right now I can have only 4 or maybe 5 rows of tabs if file names are somewhat large. Thanks.

0 Likes

There is only ever one row for every groups of tabs. You can show all open files in the sidebar instead using the menu View → Sidebar → Show Open Files.

1 Like

Thanks. Right now, when I click on a tab, sidebar scrolls to focus on the file name and I have 100 files so the sidebar scrolls far down and I cant see the open files list at the top. How can I prevent sidebar from doing this?

0 Likes

I would suggest using fewer tabs and instead relying on Goto Anything (ctrl+p) to move around in a project this large.

1 Like

When I read the question I thought of “tabspaces” instead of actual tabs :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

+1

I suggested this too as it is sometimes impossible not to have 20 to 50 tabs open at a time. The single line system is too restrictive and makes dragging things around cumbersome. The vertical solution takes up too much space on the monitor, regardless of having a 4k monitor and not being able to have a separate window with the tab list is also annoying ( although I could make a plugin which shows a list of all tabs in all windows in a separate tab / window, and on-click open that - I may do that, after my current project is done )…

Sublime Text definitely needs to offer alternative methods for displaying tabs as the current 2 are too restrictive.

0 Likes

how about a grid of all tabs like some FF plug-ins do? Apart from the filename each grid could be presented with an icon based on file extension

0 Likes

having picked up a new IDE for work (i work with Java, on my own time i code in javascript in Sublime Text), I miss multiple rows of tabs a lot.

0 Likes