Sublime Forum

Move "Code Folding" from "Edit" menu to "View" menu

I love Sublime. I love Apple. I love when things just work and make sense.

Having code folding in the Edit > Code Folding menu isn’t intuitive. When you’re messing with code folding, you’re not editing anything. You’re changing your view.

I think code folding should be moved to the view menu.

Do you? If so, hold your hands to the heavens and plus one this junk. Exclaim it from the rooftops. Our voices shall be heard! Indeed, if it’s my last dying breath!!!

Ok… ok… maybe that’s a bit much.

PS: The same rationale goes for wrap. Should be View > Wrap instead of Edit > Wrap.

1 Like

Wrapping can also make changes to your code, if it’s not soft wrapping, so that is a bit tricky to categorize. I agree on your point regarding code folding, but I wonder whether it would be wise to change it now considering it’s little impact.

0 Likes

I agree. For what is worth, one could modify their own default package to make the change, specially now that builds have slowed down their pace for a while. I might actually do that myself.

Speaking of which anyone know of a way to override/remove menu items of a package from within another?

0 Likes

The only way to remove menu items of a package is by creating an override for the menu resource(s) contained in that package. In the case of a package that installed unpacked, direct modification of the package would be needed and has a high likelihood of being lost when that package gets upgraded.

On the whole it doesn’t seem like a good idea for a package to directly mess with another package’s files, though; at least without confirming with the user first so that they’re aware of what’s going on.

0 Likes