Sublime Forum

Mouse/trackpad crolling intermittently stops working in ST3 on Linux

As I type this, I cannot scroll up/down with my mouse or trackpad in ST3. It worked fine yesterday. It broke for a few hours last week, and for a few days last month. It will start working again eventually, and I have no idea why. Closing and restarting the program has no effect on the problem. Scrolling works fine in other programs. Absolutely nothing apparent happens when I try to scroll.

… aaaand it just fixed itself. alt-tab four times between this post and the ST window and it didn’t work the first three and did just now.

I’d love to know what I can do while it’s failing next time, in order to troubleshoot it.

0 Likes

do you have a touchscreen?

0 Likes

Which distribution of linux are you using and which version of Sublime Text?

0 Likes

I do have a touchscreen. I am using Ubuntu 19.04 and the problem has persisted through more than a few months of ST3 builds, currently 3207.

0 Likes

have you tried touching the screen? some people report this fixes similar problems they were having

1 Like

Touching the screen worked for me to fix Sublime Text no mouse scroll issue in ubuntu.

I italisize because no other programmes currently running eg. browsers, are affected with the same issue when the issue occurs with Sublime.

This bug killed quite a bit of time with system restarts and general effing around :frowning:

1 Like

We’ve got a fix for this issue for future builds. I’ve put more details on the github issue.

1 Like

This is still an issue with Ubuntu 20.04 and ST v 3.2.2, Build 3211 on a Dell XPS 13 with touchscreen. I was VERY HAPPY to find this post, as this issue had just started this morning, and touching the screen fixed it.

1 Like

Great fix, thanks!!

1 Like

Hi there.

It just starts happening on my PC today. The cursor is not working on the text area. I am running Sublime Text 3 version 4126 on Ubuntu 20.04.

From yesterday to today two things happened:

1. Upgrade: linux-firmware:amd64 (1.187.23, 1.187.24)
  2. I have installed Intl keyboard mapping for Latin characters on Ubuntu 20.04

By the way, I don’t have a touchscreen.

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes