Sublime Forum

Mouse does not work on text area (Ubuntu)

Hello,

my mouse just stopped working in Sublime Text in the text area, it works well on the opened file tabs, it can scroll them and I can click them to close, but on the text area nothing: no right click popup menu, no scroll of content or on minimap.

Mouse works just fine outside of Sublime, I tried to change to another mouse, same thing, I tried to use a clean state for sublime, same thing, I tried to reinstall sublime package also same thing.

I don’t know how to fix this, maybe it’s time to test vscode but I love Sublime text (I have a license) and it was perfect until now.

Sublime text: version: 3207 linux x64 Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

0 Likes

Please run this in St’s console and post the output:

sublime.find_resources("*.sublime-mousemap")

And check whether you have an override file for ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Default/Default (Linux).sublime-mousemap

0 Likes

>>> sublime.find_resources("*.sublime-mousemap")
['Packages/Default/Default (Linux).sublime-mousemap', 'Packages/Default/Default (OSX).sublime-mousemap', 'Packages/Default/Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap']

and I don’t have any directory named Default under ~/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/ so no override

0 Likes

do you have a touch screen? some people reported similar problems before and touching the screen helped resolve it iirc. otherwise, does restarting your computer help?

0 Likes

Thank you, indeed I have a touchscreen on my laptop, and touching it fixed the problem !

0 Likes

Hi there.

It just starts happening on my PC today. The cursor is not working on the text area. I am running Sublime Text 3 version 4126 on Ubuntu 20.04.

From yesterday to today two things happened:

1. Upgrade: linux-firmware:amd64 (1.187.23, 1.187.24)
  2. I have installed Intl keyboard mapping for Latin characters on Ubuntu 20.04

By the way, I don’t have a touchscreen.

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks!

0 Likes