^^^ this is how my ST3 status bar looks now. There is information from various plugins installed plus built in functionality like line/column numbers.
It is mostly unreadable because:
1. it is hard to separate info related to one or other plugin
2. all parts constantly change their positions because the length of the info from plugins is not constant, sometimes even zero
3. I'm not sure but it seems sometimes the order of plugins changes
4. it becomes even more complicated when there are additional messages related to search and replace results
It would be great to make one or more of the following improvements to the status bar:
1. fix order/positions of plugins and built-in information, optionally with drag and drop reorder functionality
2. add some kind of visual separators between info from different plugins. Also it would be great to be able to drag those separators in order to resize space assigned to some plugin.
3. Allow plugins to do simple formatting, like colors, bold, italic