Sublime Forum

More info in quick panel for Goto Def and Symbol in Project

Hi,
the new features for goto definition and symbol in project are great but I don’t really like the one-line quick panel. ST has one and two line quick panels. The second line can show additional information that is not used in the fuzzy match algorithm.
For goto definition, the second line could show the second line of the actual definition. That would be very useful information. For goto symbol in project, the second line could show the filename and line number of the symbol.

Here is an example:

Current quickpanel with three rows for goto def
this/is/the/folder/filename1.js:59

this/is/the/folder/filename2.js:23

second/filename3.js:23

I think it would be much more useful to get a two line quick panel, which also shows the first line of the actual definition. Here is an example for getting the definition of a function called ‘getID’

Better quickpanel with three rows for goto def
this/is/the/folder/filename1.js:59
function getID(name, type, libraryID) {

this/is/the/folder/filename2.js:23
Z.Search.prototype.getID = function(){

second/filename3.js:23
function getID(idOrName) {

EDIT: It would also be nice when the quick panel for goto definition preselects the closest definition (the one that in the current file and closest in terms of line number).

0 Likes

+1 on your suggestion, gregor.hoch, and I would like to suggest perhaps adding the same rating like feature we have in the GoToAnything (Ctrl+P) which could give higher rating to possible results in the GoToDef based on proximity of the indexed symbol both in current file and maybe even current folder, and also rate higher symbols in currently open files, and give higher rating to symbols in recently used locations. Given all that, choosing the right option could be a breeze.

0 Likes

+1 class name / file name / method signature are very helpful

0 Likes