Sublime Forum

Mission Control switches focus away from Sublime

I’m seeing strange behavior with Sublime and Mission Control in MacOS. If I’m in Sublime and activate Mission Control (All Windows) or “Application Windows” and then deactivate it, the desktop focus switches apps-- as if I pressed Cmd-Tab immediately after closing Mission Control.

I’m using MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 and Sublime dev build 3139 now, but this has been going on for quite some time–for several years–and at least the last 2 major MacOS versions, and probably more. I can’t remember for sure if it happened back when the function was called Exposé…it’s possible that it started when that switch took place.

For a long time, I wasn’t sure where the problem was…it just seemed to sometimes switch apps after I activated Mission Control (or Exposé). Eventually I discovered that it only happens (and always happens) when Sublime is the foreground app.

For example, right I can switch to Sublime and press f10 to switch between the various editor windows. Whether I pick a window or press f10 again to cancel, the OS will switch to Chrome and this window will come to the foreground and cover up my editor windows. Same thing happens with f9 (All Windows). It’s not a question of the keybinding either… the same behavior happens if I activate Mission Control using Hot Corners or 3-finger swipe on the touchpad.

0 Likes