Sublime Forum

Missing Find in Folder option

I’ve just done a clean install of ST3 on a new machine after retiring old faithful.

The setup - OS and ST version etc is the same as the previous machine, as far as I’m aware.

Everything is working great except I’m missing the frequently used Find in Folder right-click menu option after clicking a folder in the project window, that would pre-populate the Find in Files features.

I’ve done some searching around for a solution, checked for a missing package, but to no avail. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very much obliged!

0 Likes

By a clean install, do you mean a freshly reverted state ? Note that uninstalling & reinstalling doesn’t change anything. ST will continue to use the old Data dir as before.

0 Likes

I mean download and install ST3 afresh on a new machine (no previous configuration)

Rephrasing my question - how do I get the Find in Folder right click menu option?

0 Likes

It should be present by default then. Post a screenshot of how your side bar menu looks like ? Also any other details like OS, ST build number etc

0 Likes

Thanks for that, screenshot attached.

sublime-no-search-in-folder

Using Sublime 3.2.2 Build 3211, which appears to be the latest? On Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon.

0 Likes

From you screenshot, it absolutely looks like you have a package installed (SideBarEnhancements, perhaps) that is providing extra side bar menu items because menu items like Copy Name, Copy Relative Path, Copy Absolute Path is not present in a fresh install of ST.

0 Likes