Sublime Forum

Merge high memory usage

Hey people.

So, uh… is sublime merge using 40GB of memory, like a normal thing?
SublimeMerge%20memory%20usage

I was trying to create a new repo for a folder with ~15,000 files and well… things were sluggish and after I added all these files for tracking, to make the initial commit, memory slowly climbed to, well - you can see above.

Then I made the mistake of minimizing Sublime Merge so I could write this post. Maximizing it again too like a minute.

I’m afraid to push the commit button. Wish me luck.

Oh, uh, maybe not everyone will recognize the image above as process explorer - this is on windows 10 v1909.

0 Likes

This is definitely not normal behavior. Which version of Sublime Merge are you using?

0 Likes

build 1119

Btw, I now made a change to about 7000 of the files and am currently sitting at 20GB ram usage.

TBH I would expect a few GB of usage for working with a few thousand files at once, but not like… 40 of them.

P.S. I find it somewhat amusing how when I press “Stage all” memory goes down below a gig, then starts going back up as files are moved from “Working” to “Staged”. All the while my CPU is sweating its cores off shuffling all that memory.
It seems to be limiting itself to 2 cores, with no obvious option in preferences for me to tell it go just get on with it! Meanwhile the rest of my cores, and my beefy cooler are just twiddling their thumbs. Btw, have you guys seen the new Ryzen 3990x? 128 threads - that’d make the process go whoosh! Not that *I* have one, but… just saying. :smiley:

0 Likes

Hi @martixy,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We’re in the process of fixing this issue.
I’ll keep you updated of our progress.

Cheers,
- Dylan

0 Likes