Sublime Forum

MarkdownEditing syntax highlighting stopped working yesterday?

Hi, I was working on various markdown files yesterday as I do frequently and everything was fine. Syntax highlighting was great, was making notes and happy.

At one point I had to restart the wifi router and it may be a coincidence but noticed an error message which I think said something about failing to update a package. Didn’t pay it much attention as assumed it was due to temporary internet outage and would be fine once reconnected.

However, since then I no longer have syntax highlighting on any .md or .mdown files.

Things I’ve tried:

1. Loading a .py file (syntax highlighting works fine)

2. Uninstalling, reinstalling, updating MarkdownEditing package via Package Control

3. Restarting ST3, Mac OS.

4. Changing colour scheme (no effect on .md files)

5. Changing syntx via View -> Syntax (.md files are defaulting to Plain Text, but selecting various Markdown options has no effect anyway, also seems to only apply to one file at a time)

6. Checking the log (below seems relevant but no idea how to debug)

Package Control: No updated packages
    ignored packages updated to: [“MarkdownEditing”, “Vintage”]
    reloading settings Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
    reloading settings Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
    reloading settings Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings
    ignored packages updated to: [“Vintage”]
    reloading plugin MarkdownEditing.bootstrap
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py”, line 157, in reload_plugin
    m.plugin_loaded()
    File “bootstrap in /Users/bb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/MarkdownEditing.sublime-package”, line 127, in plugin_loaded
    File “bootstrap in /Users/bb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/MarkdownEditing.sublime-package”, line 27, in disable_native_markdown_package
    File “bootstrap in /Users/bb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/MarkdownEditing.sublime-package”, line 19, in save_ingored_packages
    NameError: global name ‘settings’ is not defined

Really quite irritating as I use ST3 & markdown for notes all the time and it’s so much easier to stay focused when the syntax is all nicely highlighted.

Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

The stacktrace suggests there’s a problem in the MarkdownEditing package. You could report an issue here: https://github.com/SublimeText-Markdown/MarkdownEditing/issues

0 Likes