Sublime Forum

MardownPreview only selected lines

I use to preview only selected lines, of a markdown extended file, till past week

• with the build tool
  • maybe with markdownPreview

But I’m not able to do that any more (I tried to change the version of sublime text two or three times and I probably throw away some settings)

I’m on macOsX, and the key shortcut was “super+b”

The only command that I’m able to use is MardownPreview that preview the whole file in a browser.

Could you help me to find again this very useful feature of previewing only selected lines ?

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes

From the documentation on MarkdownPreview https://facelessuser.github.io/MarkdownPreview/usage/ it will preview selected text. Perhaps you’re only missing a custom keybinding that does that; there’s examples on that page.

0 Likes

Ho, thanks, indeed, the documentation on MarkdownPreview says that I can optionally select some of markdown for conversion and in particular Preview in Browser.

However, it seems that Markdown Preview: Preview in Browser is not available to me on my mac, as you can see in the following command palette windows:

May be it is another trouble similar to the absence of PackageControl in the palette windows ?

It was working as the palette one week ago.

Is there something that I’m missing ?

0 Likes

I suggest checking you "ignored_packages" setting to see if package control is in there. “Markdown HTML Preview” isn’t from the MarkdownPreview package. Are you sure it’s installed?

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply
As you see in the picture of my hard drive below, the markdownPreview package is somewhere (see the highlighted file below)
It seems that there is a problem when I installed a week ago the 4173 build : the directory “Installed package” appears two times (see the red mark below)
I very don’t know how to fix that,

Installation_problem_of_non_stable_version

0 Likes

That’s certainly dubious; that 2nd Installed Packages shouldn’t be there.

0 Likes

I throw away all the sublime directory in the Application support, and relaunch Sublime, manually putting all files, it did not work, hope that next version of sublime text will fix those issues, thanks for your time

0 Likes

FWIW the screenshot you showed doesn’t have the MarkdownPreview package, are you sure it’s installed?

0 Likes

Hello thanks for your message,

unfortunately, after reinstallation

1. Markdown Preview is installed, as I’m able to open the settings for this package

2. The key binding is not working (however, maybe my syntax is not correct)

3. I cannot access to Markdown Preview via the palette, as you can see :

4. Next, after manual reinstallation, what is is the directory ApplicationSupport/Sublime

5. It seems that Install Package Control does not work also (but I don’t care on that last point)

Many thanks if you can help,

Best,

Arnold

0 Likes

Hello, can you help on my last post ? Or do you know when a working release will be set ?
Sincerely yours,
Arnold

0 Likes

That “Installed Packages” is not in the right place; it should be alongside the Packages, Local and Lib folders. I presume the problem is you don’t have the MarkdownPreview package in the right place.

0 Likes

Thanks,

I made as you asked, neither MardownPreview nor PackageControl work,

The first one is installed and not showing in the palette, not working with the key

the second one is not installed, there is no menu “Install PackageControl” in the tool menu

I don’t know what to do. Do you know something about the next release that will work for osX sonoma ? this is very very annoying. Sublime text was a good software

Sincerely yours,

Arnold

0 Likes

I suggest trying safe mode, installing PackageControl and MarkdownPreview. That should confirm that it’s a problem with your specific configuration.

I’d suggest checking your "ignored_packages" setting, it’s likely it contains package control and that’s why it doesn’t show up.

0 Likes

Fwiw, Package Control v3 may be not runnable on MacOS. Manual installation for v4 is required in that case.

0 Likes