Sublime Forum

MacOSX: Keyboard for save dialog

Hi,

I see that the “traditional” keyboard shortcuts for the save dialog are already there (i.e. Cmd+D for don’t save, Cmd+./Esc for cancel and Enter for OK). I read that since Tiger the simpler d (don’t save) c (cancel) and s (OK/save) have been added to the OS. Is it possible to include them as well?

Regards,

Nikos Tzanos

0 Likes

Additionally, the save dialog does not adhere to Mac OS X user interface guidelines. The text on the “save” button is “OK” but should be “Save”. Every time I see this dialog I am sort of stumped and have to look really good before clicking on “OK” which then saves the document.

0 Likes

The prompt-to-save dialog is a simple NSAlert, and the current key equivalents (Cmd+D/Escape/Return) are added by Cocoa. AFAIK, Cocoa doesn’t do any handling of d/c/s, and I’m not keen to go digging around in the guts of NSAlert to see if there’s any way to add them.

With respect to OK vs Save, I’ll fix that for the next build.

0 Likes

Wow, this could be a lot better-advertised. It took me forever to find out I didn’t need the mouse for that, and it was pretty much my last sublime-text mouse action.

0 Likes